Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Change Has Come

The day we truly believe people can't change is the very day we give up hope for the entire world.

If we give up on change, than we give up on hope.  And if nobody can change, then we ourselves are admitting defeat since we would be included as well.

Thank God change is real.  Anyone can change.  However, like anything else in the life you have to believe.  That's what makes the change.  Christians put faith in God.  When they do, they feel his blessing in their life. 

It amazes me when people say change isn't possible for someone.  I'm always blessed to hear a victory story from the addict who has remained clean for 10 years now.  He will tell you for sure change is real.  Quite possibly change has saved his life.  Change most certainly saved mine. 

Changing is as simple as altering your normal course of direction.  Personally I believe most of my changes have come about because I realized my life came up against a wall.  The other percentage comes from the haters who stereotype and say I can't.

For this very reason I write.  Very openly and even too open, at times, for some people's taste.  However, at the end of the day, it's in your face.  I invite people to watch me.  A big part of change is no doubt accountability.  In an attempt to seal the door closed on my past drug use, I have educated my friends and family on my past use.  There was a time when I isolated myself so I could use vices without resistance from people who cared.  That's before I cared.  Today that's all changed....and there's that word again. 

If you don't believe in change, then I challenge you to continue following my life.

Perhaps you are that very person who doesn't believe.  Maybe you were cheated on by the partner you thought would be your soul mate.  Perhaps it's happened more than once and you refuse to give your heart away again.

There are so many reasons people refuse to believe in change.  Perhaps you know an addict who has time and time again returned to their vice.  Maybe you reached out with your time and money to help them and they turned right around and threw it away.

People go to a church and seek God.  Years later they find out the pastor has been having an affair with the deacons wife.  If we let these things break us, then we have become defeated.  For your sake, I hope you can find change.  Sometimes it isn't about others changing.  Perhaps it's us who need to change.  Maybe our point of view on thing needs to change.

I write to make people think.  However, I write about my own life experiences.  Change is dear to my heart since it is saving my life.  One day at a time.  That's what it boils down to.  One foot in front of the other.

My changes weren't coming on my own, so I was brought to a place that inspires change.  Jonah went into the belly of a whale.  Change will find us wherever we are.  I'm just saying.....   


No comments: