Monday, January 9, 2017

REALITY THAT IS FAR FROM NORMAL

Prison is one crazy wild ride.  There was a time when stuff made me do a double take.  I find lately my feelings have dulled to a reality that's far from normal.

While working out the other day I looked around me and for some reason noticed the events occurring around me.  I was doing push-ups by the softball team dugout.  I looked at the bleacher area and two men sat facing each other giving hand-jobs.  I looked the other way...only to find those bleachers had the spectator section for this pocket pool tournament.

Not wanting to be distracted I cut across the yard to the soccer field.  Not that I find penis distracting, just the entire scenario was straight out of an adult film and I wasn't interested.

I continued with my work out and before long saw the yard officer approach 3 inmates sitting on the edge of the goal line.  The officer began to shake them down and took 2 water bottles full of home brewed wine.  The brewery consists of the ingredients being placed in gallon jugs and buried under the ground.  Wine burps while fermenting and if made indoors the officers will smell it and confiscate it.    When buried outdoors the risk is less, plus its then in a "common area" and nobody can be charged.

Well, except for these geniuses.

They were drinking on top of the mother lode.  After the officer saw the wine in the bottles he then began to search the surrounding area.  Soon after he dug up the entire 5 gallons, thus closing down A.B.C. liquor.  Never to worry, they'll plant more tomorrow.  Still, there's something going on everywhere you turn.

A few months back they quit running canteen from the rec field.  Men would go to canteen, buy groceries, and have to return to the rec field with their purchases.  A crew of dudes would jump them. One puts you in a choke hold until you black out, then they steal your stuff.  They break it up between 5 or 6 dudes so even if buddy goes to the cops, they'll never recover his shit.

Now you go to rec, or you stay in the dorm and go to canteen.  Many dudes won't even step onto the rec field because they are already being hunted.  There may be cameras in the dorm but they don't have them on the rec field.  Thus the yard is where dudes go to handle their business.  You know...drink, get a hand-job and do some pull-ups.

I work out.  Five days a week.  When I leave prison my health is all I'll walk away with.  It matters to me that I have a body than can last and carry me where I need to go.  And...I'm not going to let some little group of punks take my shit.  I carry a saying..."you may beat me.  But I'll teach you not to do it again."

Ha!  My mom makes wine.  Yeah, she bought a home brewery kit.  Except she doesn't have to bury it. On top of making wine she also types this stuff.  Then my Aunt posts it.  It's a family affair.  If I take all of you through a day in my life, my Mom and Aunt come with us as well.  Sorry guys for bringing you along today.  Still...I think you need to understand all this.

No comments: