Monday, May 21, 2018

UNDER PRESSURE

Some can't see the forest for the trees.  Try seeing freedom through a fence.  Like the dog who ran and hit the end of his chain too many times, you learn to lay down just short of the pressure.

Pressure.  The thing that tries to break you.  Unless you become the pressure as you begin to push back.  I am the pressure.

It's a humbling experience to fall all the way to the bottom.  Bad enough when you trip in the parking lot and look around to see who saw it.  What if everyone saw?  What if everyone you know saw?

That's what happened to me.

That's the pressure.

I went a step further when I decided to put my life on Jailbird.  As if not enough people saw me fall, lets add more....such as yourself.

I didn't want people to watch me fall.  I wanted them to see me get back up.  My life isn't about a fall, its a redemption story.  Think "Mighty Ducks".  Those kids got tired of sucking and decided to win.  They became the pressure.

The worlds divorce rate is huge.  Kids traveling back and forth between homes.  Being a single parent is that pressure.  Perhaps you have full custody.  Even more pressure.  Are you pushing back?  Did YOU become the pressure?  Or are you still running and hitting the end of your chain?  Are you still on your back in the parking lot looking to see who saw?

Are you ready to be a "Mighty Duck"?

There's enough people falling down that once you get up, everyone looks somewhere else.  Besides, its a pitiful fucker who likes watching people fall.

That's why I told you this isn't a fall, its a redemption story.  Otherwise you would be a pitiful fucker.  Nobody wants to be that!

Charlie Sheen talked about winning.  He was snorting coke off a strippers butt cheek.  I suppose in the moment he felt he was winning.  Not So Much!  If I come home and start winning like that...somebody please stop me!

They are about to take the leash off.  I promise not to run away, tear up the trash or hump your leg.  Well....about humping your leg....

Jokes aside, I would ask you to look at your life.  Don't let it push you around.  Become that pressure.  Let your life be a redemption story, even if its just for your kids.  Its my kid who pushes me to be all I can be.  I can't fail, it's not an option.

Thank you Taylor.

No comments: