Sunday, September 2, 2018

Times Up!!

Hope....the spark that gives us just enough to push us past the finish line.  That last bit of strength when we really need it.

I know what its like to wake in the night, not remember where you are...and think you're back home.  It took months for me to realize this isn't a dream, this is my life.

And when you finally realize that, its the day something dies and you break a little on the inside.

You give in to this being your home.

Over time you pull it back together.  Salvage pieces and build something.  This decides the weight of the man.  Prison isn't easy.  It isn't easy for the people who love you and you drag them into this shit along with yourself.

These days I dream of freedom.  I dream while I'm awake.  I wonder how it will feel...to be free.  How will it taste?  The air out there....

I don't have a clue.  Don't know if I'll break down and cry.  I may make it through the gate without tears....time will tell.

My daughter just told me she will be there when I get home.

She turned 21 a couple weeks ago.  The last time I saw her she was eight years old.  I'm about to be free and to get my daughter back.  Begin my life once again.

Second times got to mean more than the first. It will to me.  I won't take anything for granted.

I lived this life.  Felt the hurt, the pain, the loss.  But I never let the dream die.  I always dreamed big.  I have a feeling this is going to be WAY bigger than I have ever dreamed.

No comments: