Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Inmates Give Thanks Too



As a boy, my mother used to tell me to pick my friends carefully.  Back then mom would have never approved of my friends.  I look around me at my buddies and see the real Motley Crew.  These are my brothers.  While you are surrounded by your family and loves ones, I'll do the same.  Place my friends around me and try to make each other smile.  Deep down, each of us knows there is an empty chair in homes all across the world.  That chair is missing someones daddy.  A special lady sits down missing her man.  A mother is one child short.

Here we are.  And we are thinking of you too.  If you can look around your table and see every chair filled, then count yourself blessed.  I want to tell my friends and loved ones that I'll be home before you know it.  Ain't nothing but a hop and a skip and I'll be right back.

I think I speak for all my brothers back here when I say we can't wait to be filling that chair again at your table.  Happy Thanksgiving from all of us hooligans!





 Lynne & Larry, to a mother and father who I owe everything and so much more.  I'm sorry you must do this Thanksgiving without truly yours.  You will be deep in my heart and on my mind.  I will be home one day to share holidays and love that's hard to find.  
I love you both!  Happy Thanksgiving!
~ Ran~














 A shout-out to all my friends and family: Happy Thanksgiving!
This holiday is a time to be thankful for all the good things in your life and I'm blessed to have each one of you: Mom (of course you're first!), Jenna, and Alex; Aunt Bonnie, Uncle Hussein, Shawn, Brian, and Shirin; Aunt Randy, Uncle Billy, Danny, Mollie, Maggie, and Nina; Brittany, Ashley, and the rest of the Rucker clan; Alley and Angie; Jo; Matt; and everyone else, you know who you are.  Thank you for all that you do for me, supporting me, and just basically being a part of my life.  Both in the highs and especially the lows.  Hopefully this will be the last holiday season I will be separated from you all and next year we will celebrate together.  
My love to you all, Chris












Happy Thanksgiving!  Thank you all for everything you do to help me get through this.  
Love, James





I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends, family, and to the girl that's been standing by my side for the last seven years through thick and thin.  Bill, Garrett and Kenzie Cooey, Ryan Conley, and the rest of ya'll.  I really appreciate everything ya'll have done.  Thank you for going out of your way to do what you do for me, and wanting to come visit me.  You really do "find out who your friends are" when you are at a place that I'm at.  Mom, dad, granny, papa: thank you for all of your prayers, for putting up with everything I've put you through, and your love.  I've really learned how lucky of a person I am to have a family like you guys.  And to Alisha Lecourise, I really do want to say thank you for standing by my side for all these years, and holdin' on to what we have.  I'm really lucky to have a person like you in my life and to have you by my side.  Thank you for EVERYTHING you've ever done for me, and for your amazing love you share with me.  I know I've taken you for granted a time or two in our past, but you've somehow found something deep inside your heart to forgive me, and that's one reason why I love you so much.  Thank you for putting up with all my crap and giving me a chance to shine.  I've got a bad name, but a man can change. I'm living proof of that.  I hope to be home sooner than later to fill in that empty seat.  You guys mean the world to me.  And a special thanks to J.J. for being the guy he is, and caring for others who are also locked up.  And thanks to Brooke for taking the time to set all of this up for us guys who do have someone out there.  Until then, take care and God Bless.
Love, Forrest Robert 






From the depths of my heart to my two best friends, mom and dad: Happy Thanksgiving!  
Always with love, your SUN






 

For all of you out there that have someone in here that you support with love and/or friends: thank you!!!  You will probably never be able to comprehend just how much of a difference you make in your person's life - at least, I hope you are never in a position to.  Personally, I cannot begin to fathom going through this without the support of my family.  True friends, the unconditional love of family, and the real deal love of a special person will rarely be appreciated, or even recognized without experiencing and going through, the lowest of low times together and coming through them together.  Happy holidays to all of you!  

To the people who give my life its value: I am truly thankful, on a daily basis, for you all.  I am one of those who can
honestly say, "there is nothing equal to the love of my mother and father, save for the love of God."  A special prayer for my grandma Helen, who is 93 and very sick: I pray that you get to read this.  To my son, Cody, you are always in my thoughts.  To my jasmine-eyed snazzle: I M.U.T. and will 1221 always.  And one last big holiday holler to Brooke: thank you so much for making this possible; for giving us a way to make our people feel a little more special, a little closer, and a little more loved; and for being one of those super special, real deal ladies that are so rare. 
Happy Holidays!!  G.
                                                                                              




I am thankful for my family.  I am also thankful for Brooke who makes this whole thing possible.  And I want to personally thank all of these guys who not only got involved with this shout-out, but helped me celebrate my birthday as well.  Never take those you love for granted.  Tell them what they mean to you.  When you do this, it will allow you to grow as a person.  We all need to grow as people, both in the free world as well as in here.  Not to mention, we should do this all year.  Not only one day a year.  Be blessed, The Hooligan. 








5 comments:

Ester Jean said...

Well dang this really brought a tear to my eye! Mama is a child short. Every time we're all together, we know we're not all together. We will be soon! I love you, brother. Happy Thanksgiving to every single one of you guys, to your loved ones at home. Happy thanksgiving, Brooke! We are so thankful for a girl like you!

Unknown said...

Well it's been a hot minute since I've posted anything here on JJ...from inside and from here on the outside. I just got off the phone with my brother (the Tattoo'd Hooligan) and it made my Thanksgiving even sweeter than it could have been. Mike, you have always been an inspiration to those around you, your words are filled with emotion, insight and wisdom. My time inside was blessed with your friendship and it still remains after all this time. It's thanksgiving and I'm thankful to be able to count you as my friend and brother. I'm thankful that things do get better and the past is the past. Oh and Mancow...haven't forgot you neither. :) you take good care of Mikey for me and be easy lil bro. All the laughs we three shared over time are memories I still think and smile about. Love ya bro. Well it's been one year and two months since I last wore prison blues at Wakulla C.I. - I've got a great job, wonderful wife, my son and a new step daughter ... These things I am very thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you still doin time, I know what it's like and only wish to share that you are missed and all of us who miss you can't wait for your homecoming. Be blessed and like Mike told me on the phone just a minute ago...."Keep moving FORWARD!!!" Much love, the one and only SCOTTFREE

Anonymous said...

Not only did Michael post these Thanksgiving wishes on JJ but he also wrote a letter to our family to be read as we gathered together for our meal. We read it after having given thanks to God. Or actually I tried to read it and could not....his siblings took turn reading it aloud. And we had an empty chair around the table...just as he mentioned in his letter to us. When the meal was about half over a man from our community who was without family on Thanksgiving showed up at our home and he sat in the empty chair. I felt that was very fitting and told Michael about it later---it pleased him!!

To Ran, Chris, James, Forrest Robert, Sun and G and to your families:
Keep supporting each other and hold fast....you WILL make it back to your loved ones. And you men should know that as much as your family and friends are supporting you---you are a support and encouragement to them.

I know that is how it is with my son. Our phone conversations always leave me feeling better as Michael gives me wisdom and love when we talk. I am grateful he is my son and cannot wait until the empty chair at my table is filled with HIM!

Much love,
The MOM

Brooke said...

Happy Thanksgiving Michael!!! I am proud to do this project with you. I am thankful that you are clean, that you have a happy heart, and that you have an amazing future ahead of you!!

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you, and your families! I am so happy that this project was able to help you and your families feel a little bit closer this holiday.

Unconditional love is the greatest gift of all. I am glad that each of you have people in your life that love you like that. May you feel blessed every day, and may the empty chair at your families home be filled soon by you!

Alisha said...

This is very touching to see all the loving comments and shout outs. I'm alittle late but Happy Thanksgiving back to all of you. Your all very strong men to make it through what you are. Forrest Robert, Im very proud of you. Ive always been here, and always will be. Love you very much! Keep your head high and smile bright, see you soon. <3