Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Foolin' Around

On the 8th day of Christmas my true love gave to me....a pep talk and the 10 commandments.  I've overheard women plenty of times discussing how after their marriage their man changed.  The other percentage of women thought they would change their man.

Check out the stats on divorce and you'll know how that's been working out.

I just figure the best approach is honesty.  Throw it all out there right up front.  Then make sure both parties agree.  So I've been doing just that with my lady.  And she's been countering...I'm not sure there's much give and take when it come to her.  I have pitched my tent for most of my life in the "grey area".....my lady took my tent down and put it up someplace else.


I'm still trying to find it.  Or is that the tent over yonder with a welcome mat and pink lace curtains? 


How do you women do that anyways?  Before long, your hair tie is on the car shifter and there's a box of Tampax under the sink.

You ladies mark your territory better than Fido and he's cocked his leg on every mailbox in sight.  You smile at us and say we're cute even when you know we're pissed and ready to kill.  You change the radio station and adjust the seat and mirrors to fit you.  In the present circumstance my lady asks me to wake up early on my day off and stand in the phone line to tell you good morning.

And the funny thing is, I do it.  For most of my life my momma tried and tried to save me.  God bless her for the heart and the will to never give up.  She blessed me with the same will and I've been raisin' hell for many years.

Now, I'm standing in a phone line on a Saturday at 7:30 a.m.  My lady, my mother and my daughter have somehow managed to finally reach me.  I've seen plenty of married men slip and stray from their family.  I pity the fool who thinks a bachelor pad is heaven on earth.

You can't replace a home-cooked meal, a clean house and a pussy beside you every night.  I know....you were really getting into this mushy stuff and had a big smile.  Just remember there will always be a set of nuts between these legs.  My lady may wear the pants, but I still have these nuts.

Now where the hell is my tent?


No comments: