Friday, January 26, 2018

BELOW ZERO

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?  Perhaps not.

Have you stepped into the frigid cold and inhaled a breath so sharp it made your skin tingle?  Your senses screaming and fully awake, so much that you can feel your hair follicles on your scalp?  That's my level of awareness.  That's a fresh breath of freedom.  That's 2018.

I watched Neil Diamond's hand shake as he sang "Sweet Caroline"  in Times Square.  I saw the steam from Nick Jonas's vocals and I realized I'm freezing my ass off this next November in Michigan. ....I can't wait.

All my life I've set goals and met them.  I tried to set goals I could meet, but when I came up against this 10 years here, I wondered how it would go.  Well, it went.  One foot in front of the other and it's over now.  Makes me realize I shouldn't hold back in the future when I set a good goal.  I'm much bigger than I thought.  I'm stronger than I realized.  I didn't give myself the credit I deserved.  So watch out world.  Watch out Houghton Lake.  Watch out to anything that stands in my way.

Don't tell me about statistics.  Don't tell me about failure.  Don't tell me the decks are stacked against me and that I will fail.  Don't tell me people can't change, and don't ever tell me I didn't pay my debt for my sins.

If you don't have nothing nice to say-just keep your mouth shut.  I did my time, paid my debt and I owe exactly nothing.  All accounts cleared.  Time served.

I've been out-of-sight, out of mind for 10 years.  I've got nieces and nephews I've never met.   I have family who didn't write me once.  Friends who talked shit about me.  Friends who tried to bang my old lady.  I know how the knife feels in my back.  You talk real big when I'm not around.  You stand real tall when I'm behind a fence.  Remember this ships about to sail.  They don't call me the Tattoo'd Hooligan for nothing.  I earned my name.  I stood up in the valley.  On the battlefield where it really goes down.  I don't facebook bully or text all tough.  We don't have voice messages and talk behind your back.  We put our work boots on our feet and we come and crash your shit.  We make you walk around for two weeks with a black eye so you can be humbled.

I'm just playing man.  Told you the fresh air is energizing.  So is freedom.

Get you some!!!

No comments: