Sunday, March 25, 2018

Breathe In--Breathe Out

Breathe in, breathe out...works well on either side of the fence.  Something we all need to do.  Remember to breathe.

"Freedom is priceless" is a well known phrase.  How free are you today?  I remember when I first moved to Florida, I loved seeing palm trees, sunny days and warm weather.  Then, I got a job, got hooked on some drugs and my life began to revolve aroud my job and my addiction.  I forgot the palm trees.

I now realize that freedom is a place in your mind.  You can be free at your desk buried under files.  You simply need to find that center in your life.  You can lose your freedom...its not all that hard.  Just remember you can get it back.  Try to simply breathe in, then breathe out.

I've been free for some years now.  I'm about to come home and exercise my freedom.  I get to come home and live my life with this new-found-freedom.  I won't take the palm trees for granted anymore.  Where I'm going there aren't palm trees.  There are snow banks and ice-sickles five months of the year.  But that's my freedom!  Stacking wood in the wood box for the stove.  Knocking snow off my boots.  Watching my breathe as I exhale.  Breathe in, breathe out.

You have seen me find my freedom here on Jail Bird.  You have encouraged me with your thoughts and comments.  Some of you have wrote me and shared your life with me.  I feel privileged to have walked some of my journey with you at my side.  In some way you helped bring freedom to me.

In return I will come home and help bring freedom to you.  We can feed off the positive energy of others.

Or....

We can feed off their negative energy.  That's how this thing works.  So many have given so much to me. I will forever be grateful.

I used to take from people.  I have hurt people.  My life left victims.  I can't change that, but I can attempt to give back.  Whether you like me or not, I'm about to come home.  You don't have to greet me when we meet.  Instead, you can watch.  I'm ready to prove myself.  I will encounter plenty of negative energy along with the positive.  I'll know you when I see you.

May I remember to just breathe.
















No comments: