Friday, December 31, 2010

Trippin'


Copyright 2010 M.S.


"Wow, Trippin’ is just that – tripping.  There is so much going on in this drawing.  It is probably my favorite to date.
This drawing is about racism, the confusion and hatred that exist in our world.  I have been around racism on the level that there is in prison.  It’s terrible here and I hate it.  Some dear friends of mine on the street also feel the stress of hate.  Hatred due to the color of your skin, hated because you are a mixed couple.  Hate comes in many different forms and it is a disease.
It’s time for a change.  I think it is, but many don’t see it that way.  The clock in the drawing represents time to change.  And it’s broken.
Gears represent things running smoothly, things that fit.  Except peoples’ views are different.  Not everything falls neatly into categories of black and white.  People see things that are different and they can’t accept that.  They should, but it is really slow coming.  The zipper is a division between things that are the ‘traditional’ – or what many people might expect – and things that are different.  People don’t see eye to eye on this just like the zipper’s edges don’t line up.
Here in prison I have friend who are black, Mexican, Indian… it makes no difference to me.  I wish people could learn to pull out the stops and remove the division.  So pull here if you are ready to see change!  If not then you are no better than a piece of shit-paper.  Yeah, that might have been a little over the top, but I thought it completed the piece – it was the very last addition.
Another look into my crazy world…"  


No comments: