Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thanks to You

Update:
"On Christmas Eve I had the chance to speak to my sister on the phone.  That was very special for me.  I usually write Ester and was blessed to hear her voice.
I was excited to talk to Ester about Jailbird.  I do call our mom every couple of days and she fills me in on family matters.  Mom also gives me the status of how Jailbird is going.  When I last spoke to Mom about it, she said seven people had checked in.  I thought, ‘Well, there are seven of us kids, so looks like my family stopped by.’
When I mentioned this to Ester, she laughed.  Ester said, “No Mike, Mom doesn’t know where to look,” and she went on to give me a more accurate number.  I can safely say that I don’t have nearly that much family!  …And I pray most of my family stays off there.  I’m not sure they are ready for that sort of insight into my life.
So I would like to personally thank each and every person who has taken the time to come and have a laugh at my expense.  No, really, that’s what I’m here for!
I was really touched.  Being here, especially during the holidays, is very hard.  Yeah, even the funny guy has bad days from time to time.
Seeing how many people have come by set me free.  I don’t know if I can explain.  Prison has clipped my wings and left me grounded.  Even back here, I try to make people laugh.  All I could do was smile when my sister told me how many people stopped by to look at my art and read my stories.  I felt like maybe I can do something bigger than just be on this side of the fence.  Here I am, trying to make someone out there laugh, and I end up being blessed.  So this is for you.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.  Each of you has made me smile."  

No comments: