Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Billboard This!

I had the chance to catch some of the Billboard Music Awards the other day.  On our community television in the day-room of C-dorm.  Sweet Taylor Swift was presented with an award.  I saw a couple artists perform and then Justin Bieber.  Arrogant little prick.  Pointing out all he's done and he's only 19.  If I recall Taylor Swift is about the same age and probably hands the entire Bieber-nation their ass in a show down.   

The main event was not doubt Prince.  The man is incredible.  Plays every instrument and seeps pimp from his pores.  The man has what's called "staying power".  He gets sweeter in time. 



Justin Bieber should take some notes.  Those 15-year olds that love him now will grow up and realize he's a schmuck.

Just look back over history.  Where are the Backstreet Boys now?  What about All 4 One?  Look at Mylie Cyrus...following in the footsteps of her daddy's music career.  We should have know she was having trouble when she was singing about the uphill climb at age 15.  Her daddy ended his career and began it with an achy-breaky heart.  Perhaps we should listen more to the lyrics in their songs.  Uhhh.....then again, maybe not!!!

I watched just enough to feel my butt begin to fall asleep on the wooden bench.  Really I left for even more reason than that.  I enjoy the music of many bands, however, when you see the way they act in public it changes your point of view of them.  There are many people I feel the same about.  I tend to stay away from those people.  However, why ruin my listening experience by seeing these artists make an ass of themselves.

And speaking of ass...did you see Nicki Minaj perform with Lil' Wayne?  Such a fine performance.

At times there are artists you're not familiar with and when you see them perform you become a fan.  I heard The Band Perry do their hit "Better Dig Two"....they'll need to dig three while they're at it , if I mention Nicki Minaj's real estate again.

Music continues to move me.  Even now as I write, my Mp3 is on and pumping tunes into my earpiece.  The music is expensive, but nothing brings more peace to me during the daily grind of prison life.  I put my ear buds in and zone out to my own personal concert.  Thank God for music.

There's a country song that talks about a mans old lady telling him to choose between her and the fishing hole.  The chorus of the song goes...."well, I'm gonna miss her..."  I'll assume he refers to the old lady.  A good fishing hole is hard to find.  And, in the end he's still wetting his worm.

There's a song for every occasion no doubt.  Kid Rock sings that before he cuts his grass he goes behind the garage and fires one up.  There's no better way to mow the lawn than in an altered state of mind.  Makes fishing fun too.  Fishing.  Yep...can't wait to get out there and wet a worm.

Prince, you're the man.  Bieber!  Get off the stage.

Much love to Lou Brutus and hardDrive.  Bring the rock main-man.
   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the record....we do not advocate operating a lawnmower with an altered state of mind! Peace out, J.J.