Monday, May 20, 2013

The Rabbi Speaks

Always remember, from where you came, where you are at, and to whom you are destined to give an accounting to....

In my life these three things are of great importance and value.  Being confined is only a physical thing, and yet to some, it can also be a mental confinement.  Time and again I have seen men that have allowed this to occur in their lives, however, this is easy to over come by simply being at peace with ones inner self.  Yet, men continue to fall into this prison of one self.....trapped and at the mercy of their own subconscious. 

(You know what I talk about.)  The self doubt.  The second guessing.  The unsatisfied with your own answers to things, yet to hard-headed to take a friends advice.  I say awaken!!!

Be at ease with what you choose.  Only then will you start to unlock your mind from the prison that is your body.

In all my years of knowledge, I have yet to claim "chain gang wisdom" for every person that steps through that "door" week in and week out.  I see potential...both for good and bad...it's a scary thing for me to see what society has to offer "out there" every week as opposed to what's already "in here".  "Is this our future?" I ask myself as yet another pant sagging, teeth sucking kid walks through the door. 

Whatever took us on the wandering road here to this point has a purpose, or at least that's what I choose to believe.  And so I ask myself, "Why?"  Why are thing the way they are?

Well, for one thing, things are the way they are because that's the way I have chosen to see them.  Yet in the mist of all this frightful mess, I can (at times) see a flicker of hope.  A possibility, and that, that is what keeps me hopeful and moving forward. 

I pray (not as often as I should) that when you read this it helps you grab onto the "idea" that anyone can change things for better or for worse with a simple thought.

Imagine that concept in this day in age! 


No comments: