Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Call Me "Forest"....

Fall has past, and winter is here.  Depending on where you live, the leaves have changed colors and snow has covered the ground.  The days get shorter and the evenings get cooler.  Birds migrate South, along with old people who have arthritis.  We call them both snowbirds.  For some reason that makes me laugh.

For me, this means another year has come to a close, and another year has started.  Time passes by.  This is good.  Other than that, the fence and concrete pretty much stay the same shade of grey.  Not too many times do I walk along and have a "Kodak Moment!"

Today, while walking the track, I did have a pleasant flashback.  The smell of fresh-cut grass.  God, I love that smell.  All of a sudden I was walking down the street in my old neighborhood, watching my dog pee on a mailbox, and hearing the homeowner say "Can you get your fuckin' dog?!"  And.....I was homesick.

No.  Not in a bad, tears-run-down-my-cheek kind of way.  Nope, it was different.  Have you have seen Forest Gump?  He's running...and running...and running.  One day he stops.  He's ready to go home.



I know exactly what Forest Gump felt that day.  You have completed a mission.  You have reached a milestone.  You have reached the end of the road.  So you turn around.

This is not a bad thing.  It's not a bad thing if you reach to the next plateau and climb higher.  I just wonder how much higher I can climb from here.  Don't get me wrong.  I get that this is punishment and I am supposed to rehabilitate myself.  But really, prison is not rehabilitation.  The state really gives you next to nothing to better yourself.  You really have to want to better your situation because it is by NO means a requirement to live here.  You can use drugs, gamble, fight, and fuck if that's your mission.  Trust me.  Plenty of dudes live that life.

During my stay of nearly four years, I have worked towards bettering myself.  My daughter is in my life. All my family and I are tight.  My sister created a blog and trademarked a logo for a business.  We reach out to nearly every state in the U.S. and even further.  I am already making preparations for my tattoo and clothing shop.  I am establishing my name in the art community.  And I have a super "rad" woman in my life.

So today I smelled fresh-cut grass and had a flashback.  This caused a chain reaction and made me reflect back over my life....here I sit, wondering what else can I do?  I'm ready to go home.

This too shall pass.  I will lay down tonight and stare up at my girl.  And like Pinky & The Brain, we will come up with some new way to "take over the world."  God, I miss those guys!  And I miss you too Boo!  :)

So Baby, what should I do now?  I don't gamble.  I hate drugs now.  And, I'm trying to refrain from gay sex.  Uhhh....that was a joke!  Jenny, that leaves fighting.  Fighting is fun.  Really, I have no problem with that.  Prison was not designed to "rehabilitate" you, but it will sure teach you to scrap like a pro.  And, all these people who love me ask me not to.  Well....guess I will draw some more art and talk some more shit to you.  Yeah...so here I am.  Lucky you!

Can we do another contest or something?  Anybody want some new art?  Are we getting new friends on Facebook?  (I can't see any numbers.  My computer crashed and I'm still waiting on the repair man.  I may need a new monitor. Uhh...that was for the dumb ass who thinks we have cable TV, A/C and laptops.  Fuckin' idiots.)

So, have you "friended"  Judicious Jailbird yet?  You can.....right here.  Have you told anyone about this blog?  Come on man...help me take over the world here! :)  OK, a contest....that will be announced soon.  Help us get some new friends, and you could win a piece of art....anything you like.  I'm fuckin' board over here. Throw me a bone, will ya?!?!  Or start calling me Forest Fuckin' Gump.  And that's not all bad either.  The dude came up with Shit Happens bumper stickers, Smiley Face t-shirts, and let's not forget Bubba Gump Shrimp Company.  Last, but not least, he was in love with Jenny.  A man after my own heart.  (Wink. Wink.)  So call me "Forest" now...friend the Jailbird before I give you the bird.  Nah.....I am just running my mouth.  I know, again.  Much love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Run Forest Run! The spirit lives on and "No body knows the trouble the I've seen". Gloom, despair, and agony on me, deep dark depression and excessive misery, if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all, gloom, despair, and agony on me? "Hee-Haw" theme song so to speak? Keep the spirit in a positive! (Keep-on-Truck'in")

Anonymous said...

To my very own Forest,

Keep your eye on the prize, babe. You are strong, determined, and focused. Remember, your spirit is free. Time is rolling by.

And, you already know how to scrap like a pro. So yes, keep to the writing and drawing. :)

Love, Your Jenny