Friday, February 24, 2012

Right 2 Remain Silent!

Tonight I'm sitting on my bunk in prison.  I just blew a kiss to my girl.  Said a small prayer for all my peoples, and now here I sit.  I will celebrate the day I am free.  Never will I take my freedom for granted again. 

Nope, that is not the one and only J.J.  

My woman just sent me Jesse James' book, American Outlaw.  All afternoon I have been reading it.  Uhh...I'm talking about the tattooed biker, not the bank robber.  I see we have some shit in common.  He knows Kid Rock.  So do I.  Well, his name is Bobby, and he was screwing my ex-wife for a while.  And, obviously, I don't know him quite as well as she did.  And that's quite alright.

Back to the book...I like the book.  I watched Discovery Channel's Biker Build-Off and Monster Garage .  But, it's a tad hard to keep up on those shows from here.  The officers like to leave the channel on the nature station, which is great if you want to learn more about the grey-dwarf barn owl.  It's real peaceful.

See?  Real peaceful.

So, thank God my woman loves me and sends me cool stuff to read.  I blew her a kiss, said a prayer, put a book mark in my new book, and grabbed a pen and paper.  Here I am.  I am thinking about how time passes by.  My art for the New Year was 2011 in a blender.  Basically saying "let it go."  Thing is, it wasn't a bad year for me.  I learned a lot.  I grew as a person.  I fell in love.  I became part of my family again.  And, of course, I pissed some people off as well.  It seems I will always do that no matter how many changes I make in my life. 

My sister Ester has left Alaska and returned to Michigan.  I have talked to her many times since she has returned to Michigan.  It had been a long time since we spoke.  Even longer since I last saw her.  Gosh, it's been many, many years.  She sounds good.  Ester and her husband are having a baby.  I am so excited for them.  During 2011 Ester and I built the Jailbird Project. In 2012, Ester will be moving on to tackle motherhood.  There will be some changes.  I'm guaranteed to still talk mad shit.  Fairly certain I will piss someone off.  But the project will still roll on.  This project, and writing or drawing for it, helps me do my time.  Some don't like that I have this freedom.  Let's not forget this freedom came at a huge cost.  I don't live on your side of the fence anymore.  I can't watch Monster Garage anymore and the food is nasty.  There are other down falls as well.  My mother only sees her oldest son once a year.  Other than that she get me collect.  Fifteen minutes at a time.  That's the same way my woman gets me.  At 14-years old, my daughter is without her father. 

Yeah.  I like to know that times keeps moving.  I like to know that another year rolls by.  That ball drops in Times Square again.  That ball falling sure does beat the judge's gavel when it fell and sentenced me to 12-years in prison.  My judge is the same Judge Perry that sentenced Casey Anthony.  Maybe he was having a bad day the day he saw me for a probation violation. 

Some days I don't understand things.  I understand that I will be fed a breakfast tray at 4:30 a.m.  And it's nearly that time now.  I understand I have the right to remain silent.  Anything I say will be used against me.  That's true in both life, and the courtroom. 

I was silent that day in court.  But today?  I'm not so quiet.

No comments: