Saturday, February 11, 2012

A reply from J.J.

So I made a new friend the other day.  The man's name is Norman.  Norman fought in the Vietnam and is a veteran.  We hit if off from the start.  The cool part is the age difference.  I'm half Norman's age.  What's age anyways, but a number?  Bottom line...Norman is cool as hell.

Well, Norm sends me newspaper clippings of topics he finds interesting.  You all know I am heavily tattooed and continue to get more ink.  My recent news clipping was an article written by Celia Rivenbark

In this woman's column she gave a statistic.  It stated that a growing trend in the elderly community is getting tattoos.  Well, she had my attention.  My own mother has asked me to give her a tattoo once I'm released.  This woman then goes on to belittle the idea of the elderly getting tattoos.  I was raised to be respectful of my elders.  Yes...even though I too am heavily tattooed.  So, I will attempt to be respectful to this woman who appears to be fairly elderly herself.

However, there are a few points I would like to make.

Times have changed.  A few years back only bikers, ex-prisoners, and outlaws had the desire to decorate their body with art.  As society advances, and changes, so do people's views on such things as tattoos.  One comment referred to old granny at the nursing home.  The point continued to suggest that the nurses would all head back to the nurse's station to laugh about grandma's tattoo.  My jaw dropped.  I think their conversation would probably be more along the lines of how cool the grandma in room 113 is.  How wild she must have been back in the day.

Meet Isobel Varley, the Guinness World Record Book Holder for the Worlds Most Senior Tattooed Woman.  Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/11452/worlds-most-senior-tattooed-woman/.      

Personally, I want my grandchildren to one day look at me and think how the old man they see must have been a real mother-fucker back in the day.  And that I shall be until the day I die.

Some grandmas drive Jaguars and wear big, loud jewelry.  Others go get boob jobs and face lifts.  Some spend their day in a salon getting botox.  And now I hear some bad ass granny is getting inked.  I think when you've lived to a certain age you should do whatever the hell makes you happy.

And.....some ladies gossip.  Perhaps you should try getting tattooed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good one Michael! There is a little rebel in all of us? If not tats, pierce, clothes, vanity, etc. we would be sooo boring for sure, not that everyone has to defend "what are you looking at" look? I remember when guys hair touched their ears.....Hey! ya better get a dog license? Each generation has them! Bottom line is to be respectful and treat people as you want to be treated.