Monday, March 19, 2012

Still Standin'

Where does the time go? 

I ask myself this quite often.  Not that long ago I was a kid.  Even in my mid-twenties I was still young and dumb.  During that time, I was put on felony probation.  After serving only a portion of that probation, I was violated and was given a court date.  That day in court a judge gave me 12 years in the Florida Department of Corrections. 

Today I am 33.  I have been in prison for four years now.  That first year was hell for me.  That silly, gullable boy became a hardened man.  Now, I try to walk the line.  Hard enough to survive my life here, yet soft enough to hear my family when they need me.  Live "in" this world, but not become infected by it.  Some days are easier than others. 

Since I came to prison, my mother and I began to have Saturday morning coffee together.  Mom tells me how my three brothers and three sisters are doing.  We solve problems.  I tell her I'll be home before she knows it.  I will be.  Ain't nothing but a thing.

I do this time, it doesn't do me.  I'm gonna eat these 12 years like Captain Crunch.  Pass the milk please. 

This blog started just over a year ago.  People thought my idea was far fetched.  My sister Ester gave me a chance.  We made this thing.  Put some water on a seed and it will grow into a flower.  Don't water the seed, and you will never find out its fruit. 

On top of Jailbird, Ester and I started another side project.  The Tattood Hooligan.  Our idea with J.J. is that it will be a help project....to uplift people.  I know....don't you feel uplifted?  HA! 

I need to go further.  My career as a drug dealer needed to end.  It's time I go legit.  So we applied for a trademark on Tattood Hooligan. We were just notified that the application has been processed, and a year later, we have secured the trademark.  We are officially the Tattood Hooliganz!

Perhaps you have noticed my recent art now includes the trademark.  We are entering art contests and beginning grassroot marketing.  So, J.J. is the community outreach project.  The Tattood Hooligan will be tattoo art, graphic art, retail line with the art, and more.  You will continue to see more of the Hooligan signature because it is now officially ours.  I hope you continue to enjoy the art, along with my ranting and raving.  I'm a hard one to shut up.  Even from this side of the fence.  I speak my mind. 

The other day I asked my woman to read me the full definition of the word Hooligan....after all, it is our part of our trademark.  You can read the definition, but it's a rebel.  A person who will not conform.  Somebody that will go against the grain.  That's me all the way.  Did I hear a "hell yeah!?!?"  Don't tell me I'm the only one with balls.

We are here to stay.  I'm going to speak my mind, and grow as an artist.  Thanks for coming along for the ride called "My Life".  You won't always agree with me.  My views are my own.  But, I'm able to sleep in peace at night.  I paid of all my debts.  I owe no man anything.  And....if you feel I owe you?  The checks in the mail.  :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooligan-1964 Webster-ruffian, hoodlum. Two words? I like "Rebel with a cause". "keep on truck'in" so dated?

Da Dumb Ass

Anonymous said...

Posted at 4:20... Ha

Ester Jean said...

I am so proud of that TM. It's not MINE, but, fuck, it helped me prepare for all the stupid legal jargon involved with filling out mortgage loan paperwork (BARF!). Congratulations, Michael!!

Brooke said...

Ester Jean, you SHOULD be proud of that TM! You are one badass for making that happen all by yourself!!! Seriously.....that is a big deal! Good job to you pretty lady!