Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Be grateful for what you have.....

A note from Brooke: For me, the new season brings new wants.  I would like a new clothes.  New shoes.  New home decor.  Things to freshen up life around me.  Then, J.J. sends me this.  A list of his belongings.  Things he has collected in the past four years of living in DOC.  I was quickly reminded to be grateful for the many things that I have.  When I posted "From Black and White to Color", I mentioned that inmates do not have much.  They have nothing when they go to "the box".  Here you can see exactly what J.J. owns........

 

2 comments:

sweetmelin said...

This post reminded me of an Oprah Winfrey quote ...
"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."

It may sound trite, but I do my best to live with an attitude of gratitude ... attitude is everything. With that said, it made me sad to read "broken glasses." Hope those get fixed soon. Try and keep smiling, JJ. Love from Cali ... :)

Brooke said...

Candy, I agree! It made me sad to read broken glasses too! (That's a great quote too!!!)