Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Get High On Life

Prior to traveling to Florida, I was chatting with J.J.  He slipped out of the dorm and passed the fence that separates him from us and talked about his love......his love for the Florida sun, the heat, the beach.....more specifically his love for saltwater.  He stopped and told me to watch his mother when we were in Florida.  He said that I would see her on the beach, the sun would set, and I would see her smile.  She would be home.  He explained to me that he has the same spirit as his momma.  He said, "We are Saltwater Junkies."

He paused.  And said it again.  Saltwater Junkie.  But the second time he added "Get high on life."

He drew this for himself and his momma.  I decided to do something with it.



There was a day that J.J. was an addict.  A junkie that chased his next high.  Those days are in his past.  Today he gets high on life.

Tell us about you!  Leave a comment here and you will be registered to win a SALTWATER JUNKIE bumper sticker!  C'mon......tell us....what brings you joy?  True happiness that makes you get HIGH ON LIFE!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post!! My life's high is going up to Higgins lake and watching my kids enjoy the same lake I did growing up. After moving downstate for a job transfer, it doesn't happen often, but when it does the look on my children's faces
As they splash in the clear water, find shells, and catch minnows with their hands is enough to melt my heart and have me glowing brighter than the July sun.
Working in corrections, you are a true inspiration and I hope the best for you and your family. Not all have the support and ambition that you have. Keep your head up and continue to allow life to keep you high!!! -Crystal

BlazngScarlet said...

I'm a recovering addict myself, and these days, my high comes from playing with my kids and finding new discoveries in everyday living.

I like the term 'Saltwater Junkies'.
I lived in FL for 10 years, and I miss it; the heat, the sun, the warmth.
I miss fishing in the ocean and the taste and feel of the ocean breeze.
I can't say i'm a real 'Saltwater Junkie' though.

JJ, you truly are an inspiration, and your outlook and ambition are awesome.
I know that all good things will come to you today and in the future!

Anonymous said...

I'll be sporting this one on my car!! I truly am a Saltwater Junkie. I love the bumper sticker and love that we can get high on the good things in life. Thanks Son.

The MOM

Brooke said...

I LOVE mine!!!

Michael, you truly are an inspiration. I continue to admire your strength, your changes, your foresight and how you do your time. I am proud to be involved. I am proud of you! And I am proud to be your friend!!