Sunday, January 20, 2013

Just Killin' Time

Guess your probably posted up in front of a computer.  Perhaps you hold in your hand the latest gadget in technology.  Something brought you to this place in time where right here and now you're sharing thoughts with a prisoner.

Imagine that.  Later today when you meet your friends for lunch you should tell them what you did today.  Let them know that earlier today you hung out with an incarcerated man. 

Way back in the far back when Jailbird started I made a promise.  You would not always agree with me, my thoughts more than likely will not be your own.  But, I will always make you think.  Since day one, I have done just that.  Wherever you were just prior to this is now history.  You are hanging with a Hooligan and I am about to fire up and bend your ear. 

Since the dawn of time there have been good guys and bad guys.  As far back as I can remember I have always taken the bad guy.  To this day I smile when the bad guy gets away.  Riding off into the sunset with the loot.  Long gone are the days of the outlaw.  You can barely run a stop sign these days.  They send you a ticket in the mail and a picture that a camera took of your rear end California-rollin' through 5th and Main.

Somehow I had to find a compromise of sorts.  We wouldn't be having this chat if I were not on the wrong side of the fence.  I'm not even certain if many of you would talk to me if not for the convenience of the internet.  Like, "cool, I have five minutes to burn in my day, how about I check and see what that prisoner dude is up to."

So my compromise is this.  I trade my past life as a bad guy for an ink pen and a tattoo machine.  Even then, some of society still frowns.

They say you can boil a toad if you ease the water to boil slowly.  Blindside the poor sucker.  We all laugh at the thought.  If you ever tried this method, you're one sick puppy.

Then again, when you see a heavily tattooed biker park alongside your new Beamer, do you engage in conversation, or do you hold your purse a little tighter and double-check your door locks?  My point exactly.

So when you meet your girlfriend for lunch later, you go on and tell her you been having your ear twisted be a convicted felon lost somewhere in the prison system.  Today you put a little hooligan in your life.

Nah, I'm just playing with you.  What you are is a little more like that poor toad.  You been sitting here just killing five minutes of your day....while all the time I've been turning the heat up a little at a time.  Crazy, huh?

Now that you've come this far with me, one last thought...

Next time you park next to the heavily tattooed biker, why don't you give him a smile?  After all, you two have friends in low places.  That's stolen straight from Mr. Garth Brooks.  Better get out of the water now.  Hop along little toad....




No comments: