Thursday, February 7, 2013

Laugh Now....And Cry Later

I'm not real sure how much that statement [Laugh Now and Cry Later] is used in the free world.  Seems people want to cry and whine all the time.  Whine when your coffee is served cold.  Then sue when it's too hot and burns your dumb ass.

Now I hear someone is suing Subway because their foot-long isn't really twelve inches.  False advertisement they claim.  Well, I'm still saying my penis is 6 inches, even if it's only 4.

I believe people spend too much time crying about silly, unimportant shit.  Long gone are the days of circling the wagons because a group of hostile Indians are out to take your scalp.  Everyone wants it their way, right away.  Back here, behind this fence, it is anything but your way.  So often times you hear the phrase, "laugh now, cry later."  You learn to shrug it off.  Move past the issue.  Waiting until later when the lights are out and you're by yourself to grieve a lost loved one. 

Many men get a smiley-face with a sad-face tattoo on them.  Since I came to prison, I have been seeing this.  Hell...I live this.  It's my life.  When I get out of here, I'm not headed to Disney to ride roller coasters.  I'm headed to a graveyard to pay my respects to the man who taught me half I know.  The man who died while I was in prison.  Many times I laugh now.  Shrug it off.  Act like I don't hurt, knowing full well I will pay the bill later.

So I sat down to draw these faces.  Each time I draw a new piece, there is a meaning behind it.  Sometimes deeper than others.  Could be I just see a picture and think that I could do it better.  I sit down and do just that.  But other times the meaning is deep and is personal to me.  Those are always my favorites.

I won't ever have "laugh now and cry later" tattooed on me.  No, I live this life.  I'm reminded of how little control I have over feelings and emotions all the time. One day I'll be free and I need this life to end then.  It's over.  Until then, I will make like a Roman while I visit Rome.  I don't need any more reminders.

Still, I chose to make this art.  Perhaps when someone in the free world sees it, they can be blessed.  Blessed that you can hug your kid.  Blessed you can sit down to visit your mom in her living room.  Blessed you can surround yourself with loved ones to celebrate your birthday.



Don't forget Valentine's Day is right around the corner.  Your woman won't forget.  Tighten up guys.  Go get her a card and some chocolate.  Make a reservation at your favorite restaurant, pick a corner booth and light a candle.  Bring her breakfast in bed.  Offer to watch the kids while she gets a massage.  This is one day of the year you can shine on her.  Let her know she rocks your world.  Do something for her that will have her bragging to her girlfriends about her man.   

This is your heads up guys.  You blow this one and you won't get blown for a month.  Not that I'll feel bad for you.  Last time I got blown was five years ago.  Can I sue for that?  Cruel and unusual punishment?  What happened to "my way, right away?"

Fuck it.  I'm out.  Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I googled JJ and this art comes up all over the Internet as a tattoo! At least some of the pages are giving Judicious Jailbird credit for it :)