Friday, February 22, 2013

Mail Room Part II

A few weeks back I decided to exercise my right to grieve the mail room.  Two weeks later my grievances were returned.  "Rejected" on all three counts I brought up to dispute.  If I thought their mail room sucked before, you should see the amount of suck I'm dealing with now. 

My mother's mail was rejected last week because she sent me too many stamps.  Another packet of my art was rejected for tattoo patterns.  Currently, a piece of my art is being held by this prisons security because of possible "gang" references.

If you will look in the art gallery you will see a piece of art that says "ALL IN"...a reference to gambling and the goofy street life of money as a "king".  Unknown to me, the dice in the picture have a visible three, a two and a five.  

Well folks, as you know there are 50 states.  Each state has thousands of three digit area codes.  Nearly every small town across the nation has a group of kids using their area code for a "sign".  I'll bet if you Google your local area code there is some article about local kids using it as their gang sign. 

Two years ago I had no idea I used an Ocala area code in the dice I drew.  And that I had unknowingly referenced a group of goat-fucking, cow-tipping, farm-hands from the rodeo town of Ocala.  Both me and my lady were surprised to learn that my art was confiscated for not a possible tattoo pattern this time.  Now it's graduated to gang paraphernalia.  

This has all of a sudden put me on some list of sorts.  If someone did their homework on me, they would find that I am a quiet man.  I stick to myself.  I like art, I have a sweet tooth, and I enjoy long strolls in the park.  I am not a gang banger.  I have no time in my life to try to do stupid shit to gain approval from a squad of pure idiots.  I'm trying to come home to my family.  So I was shocked when I was pulled from my prison cell the other day to meet the gang task force, where I was questioned as to whom I'm affiliated with, and why I have stars tattooed on me.

Where I come from, the stars and stripes represents a country that for centuries men and women have gave their lives for.  Many of my friends and family have fought for our freedom.  So how on earth has a group of Spanish guys taken our historical symbols and turned them into gang signs? 

The ironic part of this, is that there's a special force hired by the prison system to investigate guys like me.  And this, my friends, is your tax dollars hard at work.  They could save some time and money if they just monitored the reck yard activity occasionally.  Since all their gang bangers meet up out there to flash their gang signs in the wide open all reck.  They are not hiding their symbols in dice.  They make up these complex hand shakes so they know who's who.

If a man walks up to another man and grabs his dick, I'll assume he's gay.  If you grab my dick, I'll punch you in your shit.  And when you investigate my dice in a piece of art?  You're a dumb ass.  Thank you, and please come again.  

No comments: