Monday, July 11, 2011

Who Says it's Too Late to Learn?

Hey there, everybody!  Michael and I are currently experiencing a delay known as change of address, where I moved before I changed my address and didn't have time to send him my new one.  Right now he is likely experiencing returned mail and calling Mom in a panic.  ...The other thing that means is that I think I have run out of pieces!  How did that happen?  Well, I finally caught up.  The last piece I received from Michael was dated 6/26/11.  Yikes!  But when I went back to look at my secondary mailbox, I found a little piece I had not yet posted, which coordinates nicely with what he sent on June 26, which is this:


(This piece, dated March, 2011):  "Yeah, my high school expelled me.  You can't see me, but I'm raising a middle finger high in the air and wavin' it around 'cause I just don't care.  Nah!  Really, I do.

I went back and now have my G.E.D.

I hold a Masters degree in being a prick - uhhh... whoops!  Since coming to prison, I have become a certified personal trainer.  Now I can teach you how to be a prick too.  Damn, where does all this shit come from?

My job here is 'house man.'  I clean sinks and mop the floors.  Does that count for anything?  Can I call myself a janitorial technician?  OK, maybe that's pushing it a little.  I just see these really cool commercials for the Marines.  Like - "Join the Marines - just think of the things you can put on your future resume.  The doors of opportunity will literally fall open for you."

So I'm just trying to picture my future resume.  Come on, now, quit laughing!  This isn't funny.  I cut grass here sometimes - can I say I'm a landscaping engineer?

About the only thing I've got going for me... I could finally pass a piss-test!

Jokes aside, I'm once again a school-boy.  I have my G.E.D. and now I am taking a couple other courses.  Credit & Debt Management, Small Business Set-Up, and Personal Finances.  Soon to start Creative Writing.  But, as you all know, I'm already pretty creative with my writing.

My resume will look like shit.  I doubt I could pump gas, and I don't care anyway.  This is why I will open my own business.  Still, I am proud to be furthering my education.  So if you're thinking I spend my days watching TV in the A.C., drinking cold sodas, you're on the wrong channel.  There is no cable TV here, no A.C., and the food sucks.  The best thing they offer is a few classes, so I'll take advantage of that.

I'll always make time for this project, so stay tuned!  Who knows what kind of crazy bullshit is headed your way?  You keep reading, and I'll keep writing.

Once again, thanks to each of you for making J.J. what it is.  I continue to be amazed by how far you have all helped me carry my voice.  You all help to lighten the load I carry while I do this sentence.  Many, many thanks, and much love,"

The Jailbird

No comments: