Monday, December 19, 2011

Please help the Hooligan...

What am I up to this week?  Learning to climb the rungs of the social ladder through creative intimidation....well, you asked!

I write for a blog.  A fairly successful blog, but we can do even better.  For this reason I am learning how to one-up what I can. 

My sister set out to help me be heard.  We are.  In an attempt to reach out even further, I am now doing my homework.  And, it doesn't hurt that our newest partner is all over media work and teaching me it's benefits.

So, I follow other bloggers.  I learn about Twitter, and other forms of social networking.  Then, I look to outsmart and outperform them in order to rise to the next run of the ladder.  Pinkie and the Brain set out to take over the world.  I'm right behind you guys....watch out!

Step one...put your best foot forward and shine.  You have to catch people's attention.  Well, I catch people's attention, but it's not always because of my best foot being forward.  Quite possibly it's not my foot at all.  One example I read stated..."It's OK to clear the dance floor with any amazing display of footwork.  It's not OK to clear the floor by stumbling or projectile vomiting."

OK, so I get an F on that grade.

However, since "parties" has become a topic, let me take this a bit further.  When I came to prison there was no Twitter.  Myspace was still cool and Facebook was new stuff.  Myspace is nearly dead space and let's all say hello to Facebook and Twitter.

Yep, prior to prison, parties were my best form of social networking.  And, they are still great.  But, I can't attend for some time still.  BUT!  Thanks to my peeps, you can find me on Facebook.

Personally, I like to party.  There is a special way to "own the party."  Making an entrance is important.  That sexpot partner on your arm is key.  Check!  I can get that one right.  Don't stay the full length of the event.  A brief appearance is how I roll.  Make sure to make an entrance, then slip out unnoticed.  Arrive overdressed...then people will assume your coming from, or heading to something more important.  This also fuels your grand entrance.  Stay too long and it appears you have nothing better to do.

As you may see, I can do the party scene.  Learning to maneuver the other forms of social network is new for me.  Add to that...my current circumstances.  I'm one step behind a walkie-talkie....I throw rocks.

Nowhere was that mentioned as a form of social networking.  Soooooo....like they say...an education can only take you so far.  Some days you have to reach for those rocks.

Really, I don't care to ever reach to the top.  For me, it's more about the climb.   I'm an adrenaline junkie.  I love to hang on the side of cliffs...or to just jump.  Me and the Hooligan crew already jumped.  So much of my life was spent as an addict.  Today, I like to put one foot in front of the other.  Even if they are baby steps. I'm living life.  Even from my prison cell.  Since I have your attention, perhaps you would give me a hand here.

The Jailbird started with one person.  My sister.  She put a link to the blog on her Facebook.  Over time, we have made tracks.  I still marvel when I see our coverage.  Our biggest form of social networking, aside from me and these rocks.....is you and good ole' word-of-mouth.  I'm about to run some slick shit on you.  My woman calls me her smooth operator...eh...whatever.

When you help someone it makes you feel good.  Some choose to work at a soup kitchen.  Maybe you donate to a local charity.  Perhaps you have dropped some coin in a Salvation Army can as you do your holiday shopping.  Listen...I need your help.  You can bless this project by telling just one person.  Share the Jailbird with just one friend.  I will try to not embarrass you too bad!  Hell, plug us to your whole Facebook list.  Wow!  Show a felon some love.

If you enjoy this project...thank the crew of Hooligans that make it possible.  Help us network.  Be a Hooligan and throw a rock.  Share us with a friend.  You just did something really cool.  I would pat you on the back, but...hey!  Watch out!  I just threw a rock instead.

Awwww...come on!  Tell me Dirty Games wasn't some stooooopid shit!  Come on!  Pass the word! :)

No comments: