Monday, January 30, 2012

Just for Men....and Women

So, I'm in line for chow the other day and the dude behind me informs me that I have grey coming in.  I inform him that's what "Just For Men" is for.  Honestly, I don't care.  I will totally rock grey hair.  A bad ass will be a bad ass.  It's not our hair that defines us.  Yeah, some woman just disagreed.

My life has been interesting to say the least.  I have earned my grey.  So has my mother for that matter.  Today, I'm 33 and the world is at my fingertips.  Literally.

I'm learning how to work that to my advantage.  Truth is, if I was out there, life would be trying to consume me.  From here, I can consume life.  Did you hear what I just said?  I have to reach from here to try and grasp things.  If it's a 'stretch' or a 'reach', it's going to mean more once I grasp it.  If it's not worth it?  Then I'll let it go.  Just like that.  I'm not going to waste my time.  Or yours for that matter.

This has caused my passion for life to skyrocket.  My level of determination is through the roof.  And my focus?  If I put it in my sights, it's a done deal.  I am a train.  I'll roll into the station and rock your world.  Or I'll blow on by.  Either way...this mother ship rolls on.

Back here I focus to do my time, not let it do me.  I apply that to all aspects of my life.  Life does not consume me....I consume it.  My focus is not about where I am, but rather what I can accomplish from here.  Always reaching.

I don't reach for charity or handouts.  If I want it, I put it in my sights and I get it.  The legal system put me in prison.  Now I have all this time.  And look!  I'm in your ear.  Toby Keith says, "How you like me now?!"  I ask....how do you like me know?  Now that I'm on my way.

Corona says "Miles from nowhere."  That's right where I am, minus the Corona.  An island of my own.  Well, let's not forget the supermodel.  Yet another example of reaching out and grasping what I want.  Yep!  Even with this grey and a 20-foot fence surrounding me....I am still a beast.  Really, what I am is 'intense'.  Very intense.  For example.....

I take life and break it down into hurdles.  Manageable hurdles.  When you break down a twelve-year prison sentence into one day at a time....miles of 20-foot tall fences and razor-wire into steel hedges....guard towers with a loaded gun on top into a shade tree....when you learn to rest your head and sleep among killers....when you openly express emotion in front of these dudes when your 14-year old daughter writes you....you are a bad ass.  I earned my grey.

My friend, what is your hurdle?  Bills?  No job?  Someone passed away?  Someone you wish would pass away?  Maybe you are somewhere you do not want to be?  Is someone hurting you?  Do drugs have a hold of your life?

I've been where you are.  This dude has probably been anywhere you could ever be.  Now let me help you.  Break it down......

Step on the other side of the fence from your hurdle.  Put it just out of reach.  Lay it all out where you can see it in front of you.  Then decide what stays and what gets cut.  Focus.  Keep what you need and let the rest go.

Think of the junk drawer in the kitchen.  Yeah, the one full of shit.  Shit you want to keep.  Some day you will need it.  Then again...when was the last time you did?  That's your life.  Wasted space. Clear that shit out man!  Make some space for a supermodel in your life.  Make more space for your kids.  Make space and have a kid.  Live life my friend....don't let life live you.

Remember you are a fuckin' hooligan!  Declare your independence.....miles away from nowhere.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo! I'm rocking on with the grey hair part? Hey, hey, wisdom beyond your years! The attitude and outlook will continue as you age so relax on that one. With highs and lows of life as we live it. Rock on Michael!

Anonymous said...

My Tattood Hooligan indeed knows how to set his sights on something and get it.

To train rides, rolling on, throwing rocks, and living life...together!

Your Supermodel

Anonymous said...

I loved this! Sometimes all it takes, is for someone else to point out the obvious to make life work for ya.. Thanks for the insight.. Now I gotta go work on cleaning out that "junk"
Keep up the fantastic art and insight! I'll catch ya on the post!