Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Story: In Ink on My Skin. The Real Tattood Hooligan.

From day one of this project I stated I would leave a mark on this world.  All my life I've been leaving a mark.  Today, I'm trying to leave a positive mark.  I feel it's safe to say that I am.  My life is written on this blog for you to read, much like the story of my life is also in ink on my skin.

I don't ask you to agree with me.  Hell, even my own views have changed in the year I have wrote for the Jailbird.  During the past year, I have addressed many topics.  I continue to put myself out there.  Whether for it is for a laugh, a good cry, or just to make a point.  I have shared nearly every emotion a dude can experience.

I have got clean, placed good people in my life, and become a positive role model to my daughter.  My mother has her son back, my siblings have a brother again, and it has all went down right here for you to read.

Every six to eight weeks I get a brief summary of the J.J. project.  What posted, comments, where new visitors sign in from...yet I have never even seen it personally.  We have done this for so long that I forget some of the topics I have covered.  On top of that I mentioned my views.  A year is a long time.  Much can change in a year.  I will change nearly all my pen pals in a years time.  My shoes wear out in about a year.  My brothers wrote me three letters in the past year...that's all three of my brothers put together that wrote me three letters.  I laugh...boys...go figure.

Changes in my life include staying free from drugs.  I've been free for nearly four years now.  I'm on the other side of the valley now.  I can look back and see what I left behind.  Never again, will I go back.  I will be faithful to my woman, and live within the legal-limits of the law.

Personally, I don't need New Year's to make a resolution.  Let's face it....if you are waiting for New Year's Eve, you will fail.  When you are truly ready to quit, you will quit today.  Not, next month.  I make resolutions all year long.  And really...that's when you will keep them.  Wait for New Year's, you won't make it.  Sorry.

So, I'm looking back.  Is there a topic not covered that I could address?  I have to laugh.  At this point I have covered nearly every topic.  Just a most of my sink has been covered with the story of m life.  That in itself bring a whole new topic.

Most of my tattoos have been done since I came to prison.  I had half-sleeves before prison.  That way when wearing a t-shirt I could cover my art.  When I came to prison I decided to do full sleeves.  Now, with a long sleeve shirt I can hide my art.  Why?  Why am I trying to hide me?  My passion for art...the story of my life...

I'm a full-grown man.  If you don't like me....oh well!  I am a good man.  I love my family and they accept me.  My mom gave up and sees past these walls and my art.  She loves me for me.  So, I am about to step it up some.  The other day I asked my woman..."Baby, will you still get that sparkle in your eye when I'm an old man covered in tats?"  She said, "Of course."  I continued with, "Will you hold my hand in yours if it's 70 and covered with ink?"  Thing is...I already knew her answer before I asked.  Really, I just wanted to hear her say it.  She said, "Go ahead, just don't do your face....your face it cute how it is."  I have the baddest chick in the world.  :)  And, I got you little lady.

I am currently designing the art for my hands and knuckles.  Of course, I will be representing.  I am the Tattoo'd Hooligan, so that will be on my hand.  The rest is a surprise.  :)  Now you know mom.  I will assume the rest of you Hooligans will not care either way.  So, just like this blog continues so does the story of my life.  Both on this blog, and on my skin.   I'll make you feel.  Just like I feel that needle as it pierces my skin and delivers that spec of ink.  That needle pounds out a story line.  The motor hums a tune.  The story of my life.  My story.  My memories.  They become etched on my skin, just as they are etched on my heart and soul.  Some day perhaps you will read my story.  Oh, that's right...you are reading it now.

1 comment:

BlazngScarlet said...

Your tattoos tell as much of the story of you as your words do; they go hand in hand.