Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Big Ol' April Thank-You

“I’ve been looking over the latest updates Ester has sent me.  Australia, Africa, Hawaii, Germany?  ...There are many others.  Even if I don’t mention you, I still see you.  This blows my mind, so I wanted to once again thank you all for making J.J. what it is.

Not long ago, Ester and I decided to talk mad shit to anyone who would listen :)  We’re staying true to that – nobody’s selling out around here!  I told Ester at the start that my goal was 500 hits.  At that time, 500 was a huge number.

That’s kind of funny now – Ester told me nearly a month ago that we hit 5,000.  Then a little over a week later, she said we passed 6,000 hits.  Ester puts the stuff up where you can read it, but you, the readers, make J.J. what it is, and what it will be.

I’m going to always talk mad shit to anyone who will listen – that’s just how I roll.  But I’ll be damned if J.J. isn’t starting to change even me a little.  Maybe you have seen it as well.  Go to the beginning and read Stripper Diaries.  Then flip to the front of J.J. and meet my brother Corey.  Did you see that?  Don’t get me wrong, Stripper Diaries is some funny shit.  But I understand if that pissed some people off. 

Hear me out:  If you’re new to J.J. and you’re not sure how to take this, dare to stick around.  I’m gonna say some shit you don’t like.  That’s bound to happen, after all, just look how many of you there are!  I just might go and completely redeem myself in the next post.  One can only hope, huh?  :)

Friends, I’m all smiles.  I’ve seen the West Coast pick up, now we’re overseas.  If we could get Texas off their tractors and onto a computer, they might redeem their sorry asses too! 

To wrap this up, I thank each and every one of you.  I see you all, and I feel very privileged that you all are listening to little ol’ me!

I’m gonna keep on writing and making art.  You keep passing the word, and I’ll make sure you have some wild shit to read and look at.

Ester, thank you, sis.  There would be none of this without you.  Don’t think for a second I ever forget that.  A guy couldn’t ask for a better family than I have.  I take a humble bow to both friends and family.

– Thanks!  J.J.

 P.S. this is for Dawnie (and is overdue by a month or two!):
How awesome to see both you and your sister once again a part of my life.  I have been touched by both of your comments.  You cracked me up when you mentioned the ‘tickle-machine.’  Gosh, I forgot all about that.  We held each other down ‘til you were about to pee your pants.  I saw it all over again and was all smiles J  Thank you for that memory!  That’s the very thing that helps me do my time.  Beautiful memories, and I thank both you and Brooke for so many.  Share J.J. with anyone you want, and please stick around – nice to have you both in my life again.  Much love, M.S.”

No comments: