Thursday, January 13, 2011

Biker Boy


Copyright 2010 M.S.

"As a teenager I had my share of dirt-bikes, four-wheelers, go-carts… nearly any toy you can think of.  At the age of 19 I was introduced to motorcycles.  Not just any motorcycles, but Harley Davidson.
I was doing construction work and my car broke down.  The woman I was dating had a Harley and I used it to get to work.  I was hooked.  The freedom I experienced while riding blew my mind.
Shortly after, I bought my first bike.  A Harley Davidson Road King.  Those were the days.  I had the time of my life on that bike.
Prior to coming to prison, I purchased a street bike.  One of those bikes that goes real fast and Harley people hate!  My Harley friends called me a traitor. 
I got hooked on the speed.  My GSXR street bike would go 168 mph.  Maybe faster, but that’s as fast as I went.  When I came to prison, I had a fast bike, a fast chick, and an even faster life.  Right now all three of them are gone.  My life will never be that fast again.  My next bike will be a Harley and my next girl will be ok with going a little slower.  I have plenty of memories of all three.
My fast life ended the day I was sentenced.  My fast chick hauled ass about four months after I left.  That damn motorcycle hung out the longest.  I don’t recall who was the better ride, the girl or the bike.  The bike was definitely less of a headache.
One of my favorite rides was from O-Town to the beach.  The highway that took me there was 528.  My bike picture is in memory of my many rides.  The checkered flag is for the finish line I will reach.  Until then I have my memories of the sunsets at the beach and perfect sunny days.  The skull is significant of a death of the old me.  The man who was addicted to drugs, the man who couldn’t feel.  The tear is for this time I have lost, the tubes feed me the memories that give me life.  Yeah my shit’s weird and I’m 100% sober – crazy huh?
I hope you enjoy the art.  To all my biker friends: I will ride again!  I will redeem myself by riding Harley Davidson!
Live free my brothers and sisters.
Ride On."   

(And check out the description Mike sent for Trippin!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a funny memory: You riding a mini bike through the yard while pouring gas out of a mason jar into the carburetor, [I think it was the carburetor], just to keep it going. Your mom was about to have a heart attack! Then it happened, poof, fire and down you went just to get back up and do it again. Great memory! I have so many of them of you and your sibs. :)

J.J. said...

I think that was the Little Indian bike! Mike put the fire out with his coat! I honestly don't know iif I remember that or if I have just heard the story enough times that I think I remember it. Thanks for sharing Sal! ...I'm assuming :)