Tuesday, March 15, 2011

This is Ester's Day Off:

I really do realize that you don't come here to read what is on my mind, which is a good thing because these days I don't have much worth posting anyway.  I started working (a 'real' job) for the first time in a few years, which I am ashamed to say so you needn't judge me for being a lazy bitch because I already have judged myself :)  

I work weird hours, getting up at 3:30 a.m., sucking down enough coffee to make me alert enough to drive, check statistics on J.J., type a little bit on an update to Mike, then get ready for work.  When I get out of work, I head straight to the post office, drag my tired ass in, check the mail, head home, and check J.J. again, but not before I have changed into my pajamas at 3 p.m.

This is what I call my secondary mailbox:

(I don't know why the hell this thing won't just upload the way I intended,
but I am whatevering it and moving on...) 

This lovely decoupage box is where I store all of the letters I have received from Mike and haven’t posted, or questions I haven’t yet answered in writing him back.  In the beginning of this project, I kept up with things easily enough, and didn’t have a giant box of stuff from him.  Now that he sends me a letter three times a week (or more!), I am not keeping up with it (as I should).  The stack became unsightly, and I made a storage box to hide from myself the to-do list.

Once I am finished with a letter – when I have posted writing or artwork on J.J., and have addressed questions he has for me – I take the envelope back to my file cabinet, which looks like this:

(...Also turned the wrong way, but I'm not letting this shit get me down.)

I keep the artwork in a file folder, and the letters are stacked in there kind of haphazardly.  I need to create a better system, but I am lacking time these days to really organize.

At some point, I started writing on the outside of the envelope what was inside:  “Harley Pic,” “#10: My Life,” “Stripper Diaries,” etc.

But sometimes I get behind on that part too, and I file a letter away, thinking I am done with it, but find out on a day like today that I am not done with it, and I don’t know where the hell to find it.

Example: (To self:) ‘Ok, today I will post that one shout-out Mike sent me a month ago and I forgot to post because I was distracted by searching for a job, but I need to find that one letter where he included shout-outs for Sabrina and Angi.  Oh good, here it is!  Shit, I know he wrote one for Brooke somewhere.  Where is it?  (Look through a dozen labeled envelopes, consisting of 5 double-sided pages each.)  Crap!  Where is it?  (Go back to the spare room, open up the file cabinet, look at all the labeled envelopes.  Nothing says ‘Brooke.’)  Oh damn, there’s like 30 envelopes I haven’t labeled and I absolutely have to include that in today’s shout-out.  Which envelope is it in?  (Grab stack of 30 envelopes, return to couch.)  I am going to need more frickin’ coffee.’

If you have ever wondered what the hell I think I am doing and why is it taking so long for another post?  This is why.

So please bear with me, as always: good things ahead, I just need to pull my shit together and buy some more file folders.  …Or hire an assistant.

(Could she assist me?  No, her spelling is horrible and I don’t trust her
around paper products, but holy canolie, she’s cute!)


ALSO:
(Mmm Hmm... I'm in my pajamas.  Don't judge.)

Jealous?

…You should be.  …Not of my filthy, I-put-this-makeup-on-ten-hours-ago-and-sweat-my-ass-off-all-day-at-work face, but of our badass shirts.  If you haven’t bought yours yet, DO IT.  …Or donate somewhere to help the people of Japan.  Either way, it’s a good cause.  We’d like to buy Mike some new shoes because his look like trash, in case you were wondering what we’re going to do with your hard-earned dollars.  Based on how much he said he runs every day, I'm not surprised, but gotta give a brother some arch support!

Thanks to all of you for hanging in there with us!  …More to come, once I figure out where the heck Brooke’s shout-out is hiding :)

Much love!

-Ester Jean


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your doing a really great job Ester. Thank you for making this happen.

Jen said...

your dog is SO adorable!

I just saw your comment on my blog about Michigan so I thought I'd stop by!